Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, various members and groups of the Edmund Rice Global Network have stayed busy advocating for a variety of human rights virtually with the United Nations. Brother Kevin Cawley recently delivered a statement on the outcome of the UPR (Universal Periodic Review) for the United States. To watch Br. Cawley’s statement, please click here.
A number of other members of the Edmund Rice Network have also delivered statements. Please click on the links below to view these statements:
- Rights of Children and the SDGs
- Special Rapporteur on the Sale of Children
- Special Rapporteur on Persons with Disabilities
- Special Rapporteur on Sustainable Development
- Report of the Special Representative of the Secretary General on Violence Against Children
- Statements were also delivered during the General Debates on:
- Gender-based Violence in South Africa
- Right to Education in South Africa
- Violence Against Children
A statement was also read by Brian Bond on behalf of 107 local NGOs in Myanmar following the recent military coup. The NGOs feared reprisals if they were to be identified by speaking publicly.
To see the videos of these statements and more from Edmund Rice International’s Newsletter, please click here.