Pilgrims in Perú Program Details
July 17-25, 2019
The Pilgrimage to Perú includes:
- Orientation to the Peruvian reality
- Service Projects (building a house, preparing a meal, sewing …)
- Visits to ministry sites serving the poor (orphanages, schools, community centers …)
- Reflection, prayer and sharing together each day on the experience
- Accommodations at Hendricken House in Las Flores (Dorm style rooms with one or two roommates)
- Travel on public transportation
- Journey to Cuzco and Machu Picchu (Pre-Columbian Inca ruins)
Expectations and Costs for Program
- The cost of air fares, accommodations, food, and activities is covered by the Office of Educational Services.
- Each participant is asked to raise $500 within their school community to fund the service projects and donations made to ministry sites. A pilgrim does not travel alone – each is accompanied by the prayers and donations of the sending community. Participants travel to Perú in the name of their school community and bring their commitment to the poor in the donations received.
- When participants return to their schools, it is expected that they will share something of their experience with the school community. The pilgrimage grows deeper when it is shared with others.
2. Submit a Letter of Recommendation from the President, Head of School or Principal of the school